click image to enlarge
Nintendo DS New Super Mario Brothers
Platform(s): Nintendo DS
Format: Video Game
ESRB rating: Everyone
Release date: 18 May, 2006
- Run, jump, and stomp your way through raging volcanoes, tropical islands, snowcapped peaks, and unimaginable challenges!
- Grab a Mega Mushroom and grow to incredible proportions, or smash through your foes in a blue Koopa shell!
- There are two multiplayer modes in New Super Mario Bros. -- Mario vs. Luigi and Minigames. In Mario vs. Luigi mode, it's brother vs. brother in a race for Stars. The goal of the game is to collect the Stars that appear throughout the stage at timed intervals. If your brother gets a Star first, don't worry. Any time you damage your bro, he'll drop one of his Stars and you can claim it for yourself. This mode is available for two players, and you only need one game card to play.
- New Power Ups! You'll find classic power-ups like the Super Mushroom and the Fire Flower in the game, and there are some all-new power-ups that let Mario explore the Mushroom Kingdom like never before.
- New Moves! New Super Mario Bros. expands Mario's arsenal of moves to include some very powerful advanced techniques. If you want to uncover every secret in the game, you'll have to master them all.
New Super Mario BrothersIt's been a long time since I played the last Super Mario on Nintendo. Now, it's time to do it again.
With more features, better graphics, challenging adventures, more difficult levels, and absolutely fun! I wonder if there will be a Super Mario Brothers game for Xbox360 arcade game.
goodwow this game is fun. it looks better then the other one for the gb. you MUST buy this
The BestNew Super Mario Bros. is one of the best games I know of for the DS. Here's some stuff about this game.
Beautiful graphics, I love just looking at the backround. Mario looks really good this time when he's in 2-D.
You see, really the gameplay is great. They just keep giving you replay value, like the floating red boxes that appear every once in a while, or the Hammer Bros. I also love all the new enemies. They are so mario-like, which makes me happy.
Very well made music, it's very enertaining listening to it, all the music fits into each music. Mario sounds just what he did when he died, or jumped.
When you are doing World 5, the controls can get cranky because of all the ice in the levels. Otherwise, they work great. I do like Mario's new moves alot.
Other stuff: 10/10
The new enemy's are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to easy to beat. I beat the World 5 boss on my first try. Collecting all 240 star coins can be very hard, this keeps me on the game. I just got World 6 today, but I havn't tried it yet. All of the World's are very intresting, there's no fire world, electric world, or any of those types of world's. Also, hidden, it's wierd because after you beat World 3, you go to World 5, and you have to unlock World 4. It's the same with World 7.
Mario vs Luigi: ?-?
Sorry, I can't review that because I havn't tried it.
I'm pretty dissapointed with the minigames. I knew that there would be some from SM64 DS, but instead, theyr'e all from SM64 DS except like 4! Only like 4 new ones! They were taking the short way out by adding all these minigames from Super Mario. I mean, sure, they are fun, but after playing them 500 times already on SM64 DS, theyr'e just boring.
Here's some Pros. and Cons. to pretty much wrap it up.
lots of replay value
Not enough new minigames
Bosses too easy
When your stuck, get's boring
This game is a must buy game for DS owners. If your getting a DS, get this game with it. Trust, this game is something you will be playing for weeks.